понедельник, 20 октября 2008 г.

cercer




Every Saturday in Kigali the Hash House Harriers meet.The Hash is an international non-competitive running, social, and drinking club. Each week there is a different trail that is planned by two Hashers (the Hares) and marked using flour, small paper shreds or sometimes toilet paper tied to a tree.I love these Saturdays because I get to discover parts of the� Kigali that I normally� would not find on my own.The run is more like a pleasant hike here in Kigali with all the hills, which is also a plus. ��At the end of the trail there is beer, soft drinks and usually some munchies, as well as, some singing and initiations for newcomers. Then when the Hash officially ends there is usually a continuation at a nearby house or bar.

THE�HASH�IN�GISENYI:

I traveled with the Kigali Hash about a month ago to Gisenyi on Lake Kivu for an East African Hash which had about 60 Hashers from Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda running/walking together for the occasion.The Hash hike itself was rather intense and some of the steepest hills I have climbed yet.When I got home it took me a half hour to pull off the little sticky seed pods from my clothesThe lively Ugandan group led us in several songs and an interesting initiation for newcomers (like my housemate Frank) who had to wear a toilet seat around his neck� Then we all hit the dance club until we could not dance anymore� Going home we got upgraded to the business class bus which had a TV.At one point we were stopped for a break and children gathered beside my window.At first I assumed they were staring at me and my friend Linnea, but in fact they were glued to the Karoke gospel video on the TV screen.It was a humorous� ending to a great weekend.


THE�HASH�IN�KIGALI:

This past week the Hash cut through an area where we walked by banana tree plantations and several fields all filled with kids playing soccer.It was beautiful and involved a bit of adventure fording a stream that had become full after the morning rains. Afterwards we went to a banana beer party in the older part of town.This was my first taste of home brewed banana beer.It has a unique flavor that I canrsquo;t say I like, but I donrsquo;t not-like it either.I definitely enjoyed dancing to the music.There was even a little salsa-like dancing involved, which is always funI really admired the host (an American) who made the banana beer, as it is no easy feat.This is the recipe in case you are interested in trying it out at home:

The Preparation of Banana Beer

������ When the bunches of fruit are ready, cut them.

������ Cover the bunches with banana leaves and leave them in the courtyard to ripen for two or three days.

������ Clean out the pit in which the fruit ripened.

������ Lay banana branches across the top of the pit.

������ Place the bananas on top of the branches.

������ Wrap the bananas in fresh banana leaves and then scatter a layer of earth on top.

������ Put leaves in the ditch under the bananas and set the leaves alight. Leave for three days.

������ Peel the fruit, then crush it, then mix a little water into the pulp.

������ Press the pulp and filter the juice.

������ Grind up a small amount of sorghum.

������ Pour the juice into a large jar and add the sorghum to it.

������ Leave to ferment for three days.

������ The beer is ready to drink.

-Rwanda Bradt Guide 3rd Edition p. 132

Sounds delicious doesnrsquo;t it

There are pictures of this in the Hash Gallery.� Go to USER INFO at the top, select Pictures and then choose the Hash Gallery (on page 2 of 2 of the gallery listings).



euro hostel in glasgow, cercer, cerceo final meeting number report, cercelo, cercello.



Комментариев нет: